Thursday 12 July 2012

Google India - Legal battle

Hi friends.... Posting after many months.... This thing happened today... So thought of posting it...

11-07-2012
8:15pm
Mathikere

It was a tiring day at college. I just threw my bag on the floor, switched on the fan and sat on my chair. I took out my cell phone to check if there were any messages. There were no messages, so i logged into my facebook account. One update from my friend read "GOOGLE SEARCH u r so stupid - posted a day ago". My classmate Sakshi (name changed) had posted it. I thought of playing a prank with her. I took out my another cell phone and messaged her. Most of my friends don't have that cell number.

Me: Good evening, Miss Sakshi Gupta.
We are messaging from Google India. We just read your www.facebook.com status update. We want an explaination from you regarding your update. Please co operate with us. Else this may lead to legal battle.
Thank you,
Google India.

That looked like a corporate SMS.
But for over 20 minutes I didn't receive any message. It was 8:49 when my cell phone beeped. Beeped non-stop 4-times.

Sakshi: [msg1] U din hav proper information on line balancing.... Which i required.... I wanted problems on it.... Bt wasnt there....

[msg2] Wat do u mean by legal battle ? And how r u and facebook linked ?

[msg3] Sorry.... If it hurted ur company....

[msg4] I really appologise to u... For the statement.... Please dont make it a legal battle.... Please accept my apology..

I answered all her questions in the next message.

Me: Dear Miss Sakshi,

1. We got your mobile number from TRAI. We've also traced your address. It has
been located as Vasanth Nagar Area, Bangalore, Karnataka.

2. We keep an eye on www.facebook.com updates also. So that we can react to misleading comments made on our company.

3. Google search is just a search engine. It is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of the content.

4. Legal battle - If valid reasons are not given, we have the authority to sue you.

Thank you.

This time she was so scared that she took over 25mins to reply. Most probably she was speaking to her friends about it..

SakshiSrrrrrrryyyyyy please dont do anything....

I thought of giving her some relief.

Me: Hello Miss Sakshi.

1. Though the reason given by you was not satisfactory, considering you to be a student, we have decided to drop the idea of filing a legal suit against you.

2. We also want you to ask a public apology on google as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Google India.

She replied immedietly

Sakshii: I hav sent a apology statement on facebook...

I just logged into facebook again to check it. But i was shocked to see, her profile missing. She had deactivated her account.

Then I told her that it was me.

Allige TARLE VISHAL na TARLEgalige innondu kuri haLLake bittu....



5 comments:

Dheeraj DK said...

Ha ha.... Hilarious prank dude.... Anyone would have got a shock with such replies!! Nice read:) applauding interpretation.....

Unknown said...

:) thank you..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

@psurajb she's not speaking to me.... :P

UMESH ALLANNAVAR said...

It was indeed hilarious :D